This morning I stopped in the Dollar General to pick up a few things and I saw Ms Wendy (an awesome CSR at this location. Let me tell ya, she is definitely the brightest thing I saw in the store today!
I needed a phone and Wendy was quick to inform me of my options not mention there was a $5 tracfone possibly available in the back (yeeeesss)! That was right up my alley because I’m on a budget and needed a new phone.
Wendy called out to the manager Anna who responded “What” in the rudest tone of voice. Who was she speaking to like that? I didn’t know being a manager consists of speaking to your employees disrespectfully.
Once again, Wendy called out to her and again Ana shouted “What”! By now I’m perplexed and ticked off and about ready to ask her what her problem is. Sadly she emerged from the aisle and looked at me and realized she had forgotten about getting the phone. Anna then said “oh yeah I forgot about the phone” rudely then walked to the back.
I kept my cool and I apologized to Wendy for having to deal with Anna as a manager…I know that I couldn’t. Where’s the respect between employees and management gone??? I hear horror stories and I also have experienced some horrors of my own with customer service encounters. The difference is, instead of acting out I write about it.
I guess I’m lending my voice to people who might need it or can’t speak for fear of retaliation from the employer. I know that people make mistakes but to be in the people business is to be customer focused, customer centric, show empathy, self control, and last but not least…respect for your employees especially in front of customers. This was an Epic Fail in my opinion and this manager needs to be retrained!
I was disappointed to say the least!
Until next time…with Chocolate on top!
I’ve definitely been watching the political news! And let me tell ya…sometimes it’s hard to watch Im not kidding I’m just observing the drama from afar because I need to make sure that I don’t unfairly draw any conclusions especially when you don’t have all the facts yet!
Is it possible that this situation could get any worse than it already is! But I’m not going to get into that because that is too touchy of a subject. Hey I ready know that’s why I’m staying far away from anything dealing with that in conversation because it’s nobody’s business who you’re voting for!
In other news I’ve been checking out love and hip-hop Atlanta lately and I’ll tell you it got really nuts this season. So that’s one thing that I’ve been keeping up on and you can find more information on my site just click on Backroom Tea from the menu.
We are deep into Games of silence (we absolutely love the show)! This is why network TV is still alive…they always find a way to save the day with an awesome show like this. I don’t want to give away anything so I’m not going to tell you where I’m at as far as watching it.
But I will say that this show is on my top ten must see shows!
Until next time…with Chocolate on top!
I jokingly refer to Walmart as the zoo because sometimes it’s crazy busy and out of control. But today, I was in horrible shock when I witnessed a very unprofessional customer service associate humiliate a visually impaired customer in front of customers. I’m sorry but if you don’t like your job you should find another one!
Let me break it down for you!
- I stopped in to return something and the associate Michelle was smacking on gum like a cow and had much attitude( how unprofessional is that). She then proceeded to tell me that I had to go return my item at the electronics department so I did.
- I went to the electronics department and was redirected back to customer service because apparently nobody knows what’s going on! Instead of going back to customer service I found a manager named Vivian who was awesome and took care of me. I was really impressed with her customer service and patience dealing with people.
- But Michelle on the other hand was rude, disrespectful, non-empathetic and unprofessional! I tried hard to ignore her but I couldn’t and it was very difficult to endure her behavior. I was horrified and appalled!
- The guest had expired identification and was clearly unaware of this as she rumbled through his wallet and then humiliated him in front of a line of people saying that his credentials expired 26 years ago. I’m not sure why it was necessary to divulge that information aloud let alone the way she spoke to the guest! It’s true that he didn’t have proper documentation but this is clearly a situation that could’ve been handled better.
- After I received my refund I told the manager that helped me that something needs to be said to her about her unprofessional behavior and the smacking of gum in front of customers. I attempted to talk to a different manager but he put me on hold! Which led me to write about it!
Needless to say I probably won’t be stopping in that Walmart again…I’ll just drive out of my way for better customer service!!!
Until next, with Chocolate on top!
#Walmart #SE 14th #desmoines ia
I started my journey as a blogger over for a lot of reasons. One of the main reasons is because it was controlled by someone else. And let that be a lesson to not get involved with some shady characters selling you information that they are also giving away for free on YouTube!
I felt really stupid and taken advantage of especially when these are things that I could’ve researched for free. Some folks are just greedy for no reason! But you’ll have that!
When I confronted the group they basically took over my website changed the password and I never had access to my so-called website again. I didn’t let that deter me, I took a mental break from that negativity. But I’m back for the challenge again!
This has been a learning experience for me but I would say don’t let that stop you! Keep going because there’s always some good people out there to help you.
This actually fueled my fire even more to do it on my own and to make sure that I include my resources so that the proper folks are credited and hopefully it helps someone.
One thing that I did was to signup for updates and started following a few legit bloggers and entrepreneurs on social media for tips and tricks that they use to help them with blogging.
I get google now cards on all of my mobile devices and it caters to my interests on blogging tips and tricks and ways to earn extra cash!
Here are a few resources that I recommend you check out.
The work at home woman
Real ways to earn money online
Money making mommy
I’m currently exploring the Elite Blog Academy since I like blogging!
These are just a few of the sites that I’ve been tapping into for job leads and work at home opportunities. I give them all a good rating because they all provide good information and honesty. I can appreciate that any day!
Be sure to check back often for updates!
Until next time…with chocolate on top!